Sunday, April 18, 2010

The Sixth Daily Poem Project, Week Six Results

THE SIXTH DAILY POEM PROJECT, WEEK SIX RESULTS

The winner of the sixth week of my sixth Daily Poem Project is Winter's Tale, by Maxine Kumin, which received 4 votes out of 17 cast.

In the tightest vote yet in this round of DPP, three poems tied for second with 3 votes each: The Burthen of the Mystery Indeed, by Maurice Manning; Fifth Avenue in Early Spring, by Philip Schultz; and The Rain at Sea, by Don Paterson. All the poems received at least one vote.

Am I correct in concluding that the closeness of the vote means that there were many good poems this week?

My thanks to everyone who voted. I'll be posting the call for votes for week seven shortly.

The winner of the first week was Trick, by Sam Willetts.
The winner of the second week was Ecclesiastes, by Khaled Mattawa.
The winner of the third week was To a Jornalero Cleaning Out My Neighbor’s Garage, by Eduardo C. Corral.
The winner of the fourth week was In the Men's Room at the Café Provence, by F. D. Reeve.
The winner of the fifth week was The Bus Driver, by Hédi Kaddour, tr. Marilyn Hacker.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wesley macNair- losing my hair.

Suzanne

Donald Brown said...

Sorry I missed this week; I would've voted for Manning which then would've tied Kumin with 4. My runner-up would've been Paterson.

Andrew Shields said...

I've been saving my votes until the end of each week in case I need to break a tie, and then I would probably have gone for Manning ...